The healthcare industry has a very delicate customer relationship or is a precise patient relationship. It is extremely important to provide a great patient experience and patient journey. The hospitals, clinics, and healthcare facilities in Dubai and all across the UAE are investing heavily in improving their services and service delivery. Still, the healthcare industry is always at risk of losing its customers/patients or damaging its reputation. In this industry, reputation is everything, if a clinic or hospital or any sort of healthcare facility somehow ruined their reputation it is extremely hard to recover. If the patients are not happy with the care and service of the facility, sooner or later the business will find itself in a downward spiral, sinking and bleeding revenue.
Why Patient Satisfaction is so Important?
Customer/patient satisfaction is one of the most important factors contributing to any business’s success or failure. It is a direct measurement of your quality and efforts to grow your business. The satisfied customers will be more loyal to your brand and business. With a strong foundation of loyal customers, you can grow exponentially. Loyal customers tend to promote a positive image of the brand which leads to a higher conversion rate. A positive brand identity help businesses to grow quickly. Especially in the healthcare industry in Dubai and all across the UAE, the competition is very high, the quality and standards are far superior, the government has strict quality and standards guidelines, which results in very higher expectations of the patients. And it makes patient satisfaction even harder and more expensive. Even then it is very crucial for your growth. If you are unable to retain your existing patients, you cannot achieve your business goals, no matter how many new leads or conversions are you getting. All your marketing efforts and expense could result in failure if you are unable to retain your existing patients. That is why patient satisfaction is an extremely important factor in any business’s success or failure.
How to Measure Patient Satisfaction?
Here are some basic questions that every healthcare facility, clinic, hospital, or testing lab should ask themselves:
- Are your patient happy with your services?
- Will they endorse you in front of their family and friends?
- Are your services and practices are efficient enough?
- Will your patient return back to you?
- Are they happy with the service delivery mechanisms and processes?
- How was the behavior of the staff with the patients?
- How happy they are with the quality of medical care?
- How easy or difficult it was for them to get access to the required service?
- How were the diagnostic services or doctor’s behavior with patients?
- Is there anything that can be improved to further improve patient experience?
These questions are merely a fraction of so many more. The question here is not only about the patient’s happiness but it is about your performance as well. Happy customers mean a good reputation, a good reputation means more business, it is as simple as that. But how can you get answers to all those or many more such questions? This poses another important question “How to Measure Patient Satisfaction?” The best way is to implement a Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System. A best patient satisfaction survey and feedback system is that which not only provides you with the answers to your questions but also collects data, gathers business intelligence, analyzes it, and produces actionable reports. These reports will help you building up new strategies and making changes in your practices to ensure patient satisfaction and great quality.
How does a Patient Survey and Feedback System Works?
Before we answer how does a patient survey and feedback system work? We should first understand what is a patient survey and feedback system? The simplest definition is a system which has the ability to collect patient feedback through patient surveys and patient feedback interfaces such as web portal or kiosk or smartphone apps or SMS or email or social media or any other medium. The main concept of any customer feedback and survey system is that it has two major components, one is the customer interface where the customer can give their feedback and the second component is the administrative interface where the management can view, analyze and extract the data and results of the surveys and feedbacks.
The Patient Survey and Feedback System also works in the same way as any other ordinary customer survey and feedback system works. The management first creates a survey or feedback inputs, it could be a simple multi-question survey or a simple rating scale or a happiness meter, or a nested survey as well. Usually, nested surveys are used for more in-depth analysis which is often not required in healthcare environments where the patients are usually always in hurry. The nested survey is a mesh of interconnected questions, and the next question is being asked depending upon the answer of the previous question. It is usually time taking and long and is being used for deeper market researches and more in-depth data collection.
Anyway, once the survey or feedback interface is created, it is being offered to the patients through multiple mediums. Another good thing about the patient surveys and feedback systems is that any kind of survey can be offered at any medium. Which is great and ensures more conversion rate. Usually, interactive kiosks, or tablet kiosks, or iPads are being used to cater to in-premises surveys and feedbacks. However, using internets such as Emails or Social Media Inbox or Smartphone Applications and SMS are also common in Dubai and other emirates of UAE.
What are the Types of Customer/Patient Surveys and Feedbacks?
There are many different types of customer/patient surveys and feedbacks. Here are the most popular and most effective customer surveys and feedback types:
- NPS Surveys (Net Promoter Score)
- CSAT Surveys (Customer Satisfaction Score)
- CES Surveys (Customer Efforts Score)
- Rating Surveys and Feedbacks
- Customized Survey and Feedbacks
Any efficient Customer/Patient Survey and Feedback System should be able to provide all the above-mentioned types of surveys and feedbacks.
1. NPS Survey (Net Promoter Score)
The NPS Survey or Net Promoter Score Customer Satisfaction Survey is basically a rating score followed by an open-ended question asking the patients that why did they give that particular rating.
2. CSAT Surveys (Customer Satisfaction Score)
The CSAT Survey or Customer Satisfaction Score is used to measure customer loyalty. It consists of multiple different metrics, designed to particularly measure the interaction or overall experience of the customer with the brand. The CSAT Surveys are very crucial to improve customer retention.
3. CES Surveys (Customer Efforts Score)
The CES Surveys are designed to ask particular questions to understand how difficult or easy it was to avail a service. It is used to gauge the ease of using the service or product. The aim is to improve the customer experience.
4. Rating Surveys and Feedbacks
The Rating Survey and Feedbacks are usually used for a particular interaction or an experience. More often the rating surveys are also referred to as ‘Happiness Meter. The happiness meter could be 3 or 5 emoticons or simple inputs such as “Very Happy” to “Very Unhappy” etc.
5. Customized Survey and Feedbacks
The Customized Surveys and Feedbacks are used to measure multiple factors or to get more in-depth feedback from the customers. These types of surveys and feedback systems are used to collect comprehensive business intelligence which could be very helpful in improving customer happiness.
What Type of Patient Feedback Channel do You Need?
There are so many different types of feedback systems with respect to the channels you are offering them to the patients. Multiple channels can also be used. The main idea is to collect patient’s feedbacks and to understand their needs and their experience with your brand without annoying them or compelling them to give their opinion. The important thing here is to understand that you do not need to bombard your patients by sending the same survey through multiple channels. Once a patient did a survey, there is no need to send them that survey again until they have availed of the same service again. But it is also important to maintain a balance when offering your surveys to the patients. As if a person start receiving the same survey from so many different channels, they would think that in order to stop receiving any more request they should attempt it, so they would go to just attempt the survey and mostly the response would not be the actual opinion of the patient.
Here are the popular patient feedback survey types with respect to the channel:
- Online or Web Portal: The web portal is the oldest channel for offering patient surveys. You make a section in the online patient portal or just at your website and request the patients to submit the survey.
- Emails& SMS: Email and SMS are also the oldest methods for conducting customer surveys and feedback. A link to the survey can be sent to the patient after they have availed of service or got treated at the hospital or clinic or so on. It is important that the patient receive the email or SMS within a couple of days of their visit. Else the quality of the feedback could be lower.
- Smartphone Applications: These days’ smartphone applications are very popular and most healthcare facilities, hospitals, and clinics are also offering smartphone applications. That is also an excellent channel to collect patient feedback.
- Interactive Kiosk: Interactive Kiosks are the most modern method of conducting surveys and collecting patient feedback. The kiosk has a reasonably large touch screen where the patient can input using a touch-based interface to provide more detailed feedback.
- Tablet Kiosks and Stands: Tablet Kiosks made up of Android or Apple (iPad) tablets usually small in size, at least smaller than the kiosk. The tablet kiosks or stands either wall mount or table mount are used for taking smaller feedbacks and are most popular for happiness meters and rating scales.
- QR Code Based Surveys: Another modern method is to pass QR Codes with a sign or instruction or request to provide feedback. These days’ especially in Dubai, UAE everyone is using smartphones, the QR code can be easily scanned using the smartphone camera and the user can be directed to a link where they can conduct the survey or provide their feedback.
- Staff with Tablets: This method requires a staff member or employee to take feedbacks. The employee goes to the patient and asks them some questions and then inputs their answers through the tablet interface. Both Android and Apple (iPads) are used with an app or web-based interface.
- Manual Surveys: This is the oldest survey channel or method and still being used in many industries such as retail and hoteling or the food industry. In healthcare facilities, an employee has to go to the patient and ask them some questions or provide them a paper to answer questions. This is a very hard way to collect feedback, ultimately the feedback or at least the results have to be digitalized which requires more resources. And during those conversions or transitions, the accuracy can be decreased.
These are the most commonly used customer feedback collection and survey channels. For the healthcare facilities such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and testing facilities, any one or a combination of the above methods can be used. The best choice is to have tablet kiosks at the facility on strategic locations, if you want to conduct short surveys with MCQs or a simpler happiness meter or performance scale, etc. If you want to conduct long surveys and require more in-depth details then use slightly bigger screen kiosks. Whatever the case is the Emails, SMS, and QR Codes can be utilized for any kind of survey or feedback. The web portals are too formal, and people tend to go less on their portals unless you have an appeal, even if there is a requirement or attraction to login to the patient portal, the people are less likely to conduct the surveys in their web portals.
Why Choose RSI Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System?
RSI Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System is one of the oldest customer feedback systems available in Dubai, UAE. With years of refinement and superiority of experience, it is one of the best customer survey and feedback systems. For the healthcare sector such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, test labs, and other facilities we have developed a dedicated system keeping the needs and demands of the market in mind. RSI Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System is completely customizable and can easily be linked with other systems, such as ERP, Sales System, Patient Databases, Web Portals, Interactive Kiosks, Tablet (Android and Apple iPad) Kiosks, email, SMS, QR Code, and smartphone applications.
RSI Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System offer a simple user interface with tons of in-built features to easily create different types of surveys. The system allows the management to instantly push surveys on all or any node. The surveys and feedback can be organized as well. For example, different surveys or feedbacks can be pushed to different channels. The smartphone apps, web portal, email, SMS, kiosk, or any channel could have a different survey. The RSI Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System also allows to manage and schedule campaigns. The real-time updates and centralized information center are also great for multi-branch setups. The RSI Patient Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System offer a highly advanced in-built analytical engine to analyze the statistical data and patients feedbacks. These features help healthcare facilities to improve their patient satisfaction. Which ensures steady growth, improved productivity, and profitability.
Patient Satisfaction Surveys are used to measure patient satisfaction, quality of the services, and multiple other indicators which can help healthcare facilities to improve their productivity, profitability, and customer retention. Patient retention is a key to success. If you are operating in Dubai or any other part of UAE, you must be aware of the ever-changing trends and very high patient expectations. In order to gain a competitive edge and to improve your patient satisfaction. The healthcare sector has the most delicate relationship with its customers/patients. That is why it is extremely important to continuously nourish that relationship. The Feedback System is a great tool to gather patient feedback and valuable business intelligence.
RSI Customer Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System is dedicatedly designed for the healthcare sector to provide them all the necessary tools they require to collect crucial feedback data and valuable business intelligence. Our System allows the customized survey and feedback option along with integration with multiple channels. RSI Customer Satisfaction Survey and Feedback System can be integrated with multiple other enterprise solutions and systems as well. If you want to improve your patient satisfaction and patient retention, all you need is to reach us out through our Contact Us page or leave a comment in the comment box below.
Check out this: Employee Self Service System for Kiosk by RSI Concepts